Salix Finance is an independent, not for profit organisation funded by The Department for Energy and Climate Change,
The Welsh Assembly Government and The Scottish Government via The Carbon Trust. Salix works in partnership with
The Higher Education Funding Council for England on its Revolving Green Fund.
Salix operates a number of interest-free loan programmes delivering energy efficiency projects in the
UK public sector. Projects must deliver sustainable CO2 savings and the loan is typically repaid from
a proportion of the savings made. This provides a convenient funding route and allows the purchase cost
to be spread over the lifetime of the project.
Salix operates distinct programmes for HE/FE, NHS, Police/Fire, Schools and Local Authorities.
Many significant PowerMAN PC power management software projects have been implemented with Salix Finance and Data Synergy would
be happy to provide advice on this procurement route either directly or via a public sector
purchasing frameworks or one of our leading industry solution partners
- Delivered £93M of interest-free loans repayable over a 4-year period
- Served some 454 client organisations
- Funded 2,230 energy efficiency projects in the last 2 years
- Delivered annual energy savings of £27M and 159,000 tonnes of CO2 pa
- Achieved lifetime energy savings of £396M and 2.265m tonnes CO2